Past press releases, newsletters and press coverage can be found below.
If you are a reporter and would like to learn more about Old South Meeting House, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be added to the list to receive emailed press releases, please email email@example.com with your name, address, email, and information on your media outlet.
Photographs: For high-resolution images and/or additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Press outlets looking to film sites along the Freedom Trail must obtain separate permission to film inside Old South Meeting House. Please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Past Press Releases
- October 1, 2013: Old South Meeting House Open During Government Shutdown
- September 7, 2013: Boston Charter Day Celebration
- August 23, 2013: Restoration of Exterior of Boston's Historic Old South Meeting House to Begin
- August 21, 2013: Famed Poet Phillis Wheatley's Books Arrive in Boston on Board 1773 Tea Ship
- August 1, 2013: The 240th Anniversary Boston Tea Party Annual Reenactment Press
- August 6, 2013: OSMH Fall 2013 Calendar Listings
- August 2, 2013: Paul Revere Memorial Lecture Series Fall 2013 "A War of Divisions"
- May 21, 2013: 2013 Blue Star Museums Press
- March 19, 2013: The Fife is Right Press, April 2013
- February 21, 2013: March 2013 "Middays at the Meeting House" Lecture Series Press
- January 29, 2013: February 2013 "Middays at the Meeting House" Lecture Series Press
- December 17, 2013: OSMH Winter/Spring 2013 Calendar Listings
- October 14, 2011: Historic Paul Revere Bell Finds New Home at Old South Meeting House! Links to PR Newswire Multimedia News Release incl. video and images
Past Editions of The Dial Newsletter
- The DIAL, Winter/Spring 2015, Volume Twenty-Eight, Issue One Feature article "21st Century Improvements Coming for the 1729 Old South Meeting House."
The DIAL, Summer 2014, Volume Twenty-Seven, Issue Two Feature article "“'For Generations Yet To Come' Preserving Old South Meeting House."
The DIAL, Winter/Spring 2014, Volume Twenty-Seven, Issue One Feature article on Anna Green Winslow "'Aunt says I can write pretily': A Young Life in Letters"
- The DIAL, Fall 2013, Volume Twenty-Six, Issue Three Feature article "Phillis Wheatley and the Boston Tea Party: How Books of Poems Started a Literary Tradition while Chests of Tea Started a Revolution" by guest author Richard Kigel
The DIAL, Summer 2013, Volume Twenty-Six, Issue Two Feature article "Old South Meeting House: How Public Participation Formed our Nation," an interview with Executive Director Emily Curran
The DIAL, Fall 2012, Volume Twenty-Five, Issue Three Feature article "Revere Bell Installation Wins Prestigious Preservation Award"
The DIAL, Summer 2012, Volume Twenty-Five, Issue Two Feature article "Revolution 1773: The 'Body of the People' at Old South Meeting House" by guest author Alfred F. Young
The DIAL, Winter/Spring 2012, Volume Twenty-Five, Issue One Feature article "The Sanctuary of Freedom, Old South Meeting House," a speech by theJames W. Crawford (Secretary and member of the board of the Old South Association/ Old South Meeting House, and Senior Minister Emeritus, Old South Church)
In the News
- NECN, August 28, 2013: "Boston marks 50th anniverary of March on Washington" by Josh Brogadir
- WBUR 90.9, August 28, 2013: "Gov. Patrick marks 50th anniversary of March on Washington" by Matt Murphy
- WHDH Boston, August 28, 2013: "Boston honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King" by Byron Barnett
- CBS Boston, August 28, 2013: "Gov. Patrick: We've come a long way in race relations over past 50 years" by Jon Keller
- Boston Herald, August 28, 2013: "Deval Patrick: Boston 'ready' for minority mayor" by Matt Stout and Garry Remal
- Boston Globe, August 28, 2013: "Governor commemorates Washington march in Boston ceremony" by Joshua Miller
- Boston Globe, August 28, 2013: "Meeting House to undergo $800,000 restoration" by Brian Ballou
- Boston Globe, August 28, 2013: "Key Moments in the history of Old South Meeting House"
- Boston.com, August 27, 2013: "Old South Meeting House undergoing exterior repairs" by Jeremy Fox
- Associated Press, August 25, 2013: "Boston's Old South Meeting House gets a makeover"
- CBS Boston, August 26, 2013: "Old South Meeting House to undergo $800,000 makeover"
- Boston.com, August 5, 2013: "Old South Meeting House lecture series to explore Civil War impact on Boston" by Jeremy Fox
- Boston.com, January 13, 2012: "Old South Meeting House tower clock strikes once more" by Jeremy Fox
- WBUR 90.9, January 12, 2012: "After century of silence, Old South bell rings" by Curt Nickish"
- Back Bay Patch, September 29, 2011: "Old South Meeting House Raises Historic Bell to its Clock Tower" by Regina Norfolk
- Boston.com, August 31, 2009: "Clock is still in a time-out at Old South Meeting House" by James Vaznis