We welcome group visits throughout the year.
Click here to download our School and Group Programs Brochure, and read details for each option below.
The Revolution Starts Here! Short Stop on the Freedom Trail
Start or end your group visit to Boston at Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party began! After a brief, 15-minute introduction to the dramatic history of this 1729 landmark, including its beginnings as a Puritan Meeting House, the meetings that led to the Boston Tea Party, and its last-minute rescue from demolition, your group can explore the museum at its own pace. Talks can be tailored to your group’s interests at time of reservation.
Group size: 10-50 people
Time: 30 minutes
Fees: $6.00 per person
Old South Meeting House Architecture Tour
For groups interested in architecture and historic preservation, this tour gives an up-close look at the amazing 1729 structure of Old South Meeting House. Learn what makes a Puritan meeting house unique, enjoy special access to the stunning view from the gallery level and learn about the heroic 19th century efforts to save the building from demolition.
Group size: 10-30 people
Time: 1 hour
Fees: $9.00 per person
Tea is Brewing
Experience the meeting that protested a tax… and sparked a Revolution with the Boston Tea Party! Bring this pivotal moment in history to life by taking on the roles of Patriots and Loyalists and recreating the fiery tea tax debates of 1773 in the very hall where they took place. Coming in 2019-2020: New character cards that add the voices of women and African-Americans - Bostonians who were not present at these meetings- to the conversation!
* Group leaders receive pre-visit materials, including background information and character cards.
Group size: 10- 40 people
Time: 45-60 minutes
Fees: $9.00 per person
Middays at the Meeting House
Lectures, performances, and demonstrations that explore a range of topics in American history and culture take place at lunchtime on select Fridays or other weekdays from 1:00 - 2:00 pm, and at other times throughout the year. Please check the Events Page for upcoming programs. Special group rates available with advance group registration!
Group size: Most groups of 10 or more can be accommodated.
Time: 45-60 minutes
Fees: $4.00 per person only with advance registration
Self-Guided Visit to Old South Meeting House
Discover the history and beauty of Old South Meeting House with a self-guided visit. Explore the largest building in Colonial Boston and view the exhibit "Voices of Protest" on your own and at your own pace.
Group size: 10-60 people
Time: 15-30 minutes
Fees: $4.00 per person
Reserve your place in history.
Reserve a special participatory program, introductory talk or a self guided visit for your group of 10 or more at Old South Meeting House and enjoy special group rates. To make a reservation contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 482-6439 x 12.
- A minimum of ten (10) people is required for all programs.
- Confirmed reservations are required for all groups. Groups that arrive without reservations will not receive the group discount and may have to be turned away at the door if the museum is too crowded or another group program is in progress.
- Space is limited and fills quickly. For the best chance of reserving your preferred date, time and program, reserve as far in advance as possible, especially for dates in April - June.
- K-12 school groups receive up to 2 free adult chaperones for every 10 students.
- Payment: A deposit is required for most program reservations; the balance is due on or before the program date. Payment can be made by credit card, check or cash.
SPECIAL: 10% discount for all programs in January and February! Just mention the website discount at the time of booking.
Amenities For Your Group Visit:
- Museum Shop is your stop for souvenirs and additional educational materials: chock full of wonderful historical resources, unique gifts, high-quality New England goods, and, of course, teas! Exclusive items include Boston Tea Party merchandise, the best selection of resources on Phillis Wheatley, and our historic Old South leaflets.
- Fully accessible for visitors using wheelchairs
- Comfortably climate controlled with air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter