Walking Boston's Freedom Trail? Choose from a self-guided visit or a short talk for your group - discounted admission when you reserve in advance.
The Revolution Starts Here! Short Stop on the Freedom Trail.
Start or end your group visit to Boston at Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party began! After a brief, 15-minute introduction to the dramatic history of this 1729 landmark, including its beginnings as a Puritan meeting house, the meetings that led to the Boston Tea Party, and its last-minute rescue from demolition, your group can explore the museum at its own pace. Talks can be tailored to your group’s interests at time of reservation.
Grades: 1st through 12th grade
Group size: 10-60 students
Time: 30 minutes
Fees: $4.00 per person
Add a scavenger hunt geared to your age group to guide your group through the exhibit "Voices of Protest”
Grades: For all ages
Time: 30 minutes
Group size: Up to 30 participants for scavenger hunt; two adults for every 10 students required
Fees with scavenger hunt: $5.00 per person
Self-Guided Visit to Old South Meeting House
Discover the history and beauty of Old South Meeting House with a self-guided visit. Explore the largest building in Colonial Boston and view the exhibit "Voices of Protest" on your own and at your own pace.
Grades: For all ages.
Time: 15-30 minutes
Group size: 10- 60 students
Fees: $1 per person up to age 18; $4 per adult. Large groups often can be accommodated at consecutive times.
Reserve Your Place In History:
Reserve a special participatory program, introductory talk or a self guided visit for your group of 10 or more at Old South Meeting House and enjoy special group rates. To make a reservation contact us at email@example.com or (617) 482-6439 x 12.
- A minimum of ten (10) people is required for all programs.
- Confirmed reservations are required for all groups. Groups that arrive without reservations will not receive the group discount and may have to be turned away at the door if the museum is too crowded or another group program is in progress.
- Space is limited. For the best chance of reserving your preferred date, time and program, reserve as far in advance as possible, especially for dates in April - June.
- K-12 school groups receive up to 2 free adult chaperones for every 10 students.
- Payment: A deposit is required for most program reservations; the balance is due on or before the program date. Payment can be made by credit card, check or cash.
SPECIAL: 10% discount for all programs in January and February! Just mention the website discount at the time of booking.
Amenities For Your Group Visit:
- Museum Shop is your stop for souvineers and additional educational materials: chock full of wonderful historical resources, unique souvenirs, high quality New England goods, and, of course, teas! Exclusive items include Boston Tea Party merchandise, the best selection of resources on Phillis Wheatley, and our historic Old South leaflets.
- Fully accessible for visitors using wheelchairs
- Comfortably climate controlled with air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter